ACCOUNTING/INVOICING CLERK – Full-time
Location: Calgary Head Office
AMAR Surveys Ltd., founded in 1982, specializes in servicing the Oil & Gas industry by providing our clients with innovative and cost effective surveying solutions. We have performed surveys in every area of Alberta, including crown and freehold land and Indian and Federal Reserves. We are continually training our personnel, upgrading our equipment and products in order to serve our clients better.
An opportunity exists for a talented, hardworking team player. This position will report to the President/Owner.
In this role you will use your accounting skills to:
- Prepare monthly invoices for final approval by management
- Ensure all field and office time is accounted for
- Ensure “other” costs are added to the invoices (ie) search charges, reproduction, deliveries, etc.
- Manually review files every month to see if there is office time that requires invoicing
- Knowledge of client requirements (ie) discounts, PO’s and coding information
- Verify Land Titles Registration charges to ensure it has been invoiced
- Administrative support as required
- Accounts Receivable
- Assist with ”problems and/or clarification” that may arise with Amar invoices and it’s customers
- Obtain P.O. and cost center information for jobs
- Electronic filing of invoices or mail-out process
- Filing of completed records
- Accounts Receivables: collections of all invoices and outstanding payments.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum of 5+ years of accounting experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting with Accounts Receivable and Payable experience
- Experience in the field of land or surveying is required:
- A basic understanding of terminology used, equipment used in the field and oilfield plans
- Business Degree with a specialization in accounting preferred
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A strong work ethic and an internal motivation to be consistent on a daily basis
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Proven intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If this exciting and challenging opportunity is right for you, please apply here
At Amar Surveys, every applicant is considered and given equal opportunity for the position posted. We update our postings regularly. As long as you respond while the job posting is on our web page, you can be assured you’ll be considered for the role.
All questions or inquiries can be sent to [email protected]
This posting went up on our website on June 7, 2019